Assignments

Food Photography

The lighting in these photos are really good. It gives a direct shine to the food and shows it as the main subject. It gives a side lighting as well, and makes the food really pop out from an angle. It shows all the detail in the middle and the top of the burger.

The composition is great as well because there is a rule of thirds. Also there is a strong contrast between the background and the subject, which makes the food shine out more. There is a deep saturation to make the food more colorful and to catch your eye, also there is a small depth of field.

What I learned:

• Make sure you have a chef who will go above and beyond making the food
  • Take test shots to show desired photo look
  • Keep the food fresh
  • The food will melt or harden over time, replace it
  • Focus on the small details in the photo
  • Make the food look as apetizing as possible
  • Use natural light if you can
  • Side lighting is a powerful tool in food photography
  • Use the flash to show the food and make it look better
  • Use a shallow depth of field

Black, White, And Shades Of Grey

Me And Myself

Digital Collage Based On A Theme

I am trying to show how nuclear weapons can impact us all. They can cause climate change, disrupt the ecosystem, economies, the world, etc. The world can really look like this if we use nuclear weapons.

Kinoptic Art

What’s In Your Head?

Touch Series

Self-Portrait Illustration

Logo For Jurupa Hills Photography Program

Cheerleading Photos

Fashion/Advertising Photography

The first image is really nice because it shows the culture they have. The second one captures and shows her personality and how she presents herself. The third one shows a beautiful dress, as well as her facial expression. These photos are really nice and different from usual fashion photography.

These would definitely go on Power 100, they have the same vibe and dark type photos.

Photomontage: Where You See Yourself In 10 Years

I see myself in 10 year to have everything you see in this picture. In 10 years, I will be 27 years old, and I will have graduated college, and have started in the work force. I will be making good money and be financially independent, as well as creating the best memories.

I will have a family, and I see myself having 2 kids. I don’t really want to have too many or too little, I feel that 2 is fine. In the photo we are all connected, which represents that we are connected emotionally.

I also want to have a car in my future that I can call as mine. I need it to be something flashy and fast. This will be something that I work on weekly and a project car.

Graduation Cover Design

David Hockney “Joiners”

His work really catches my eye because it is really interesting and vibrant work of arts that give you a good feeling. They consist of colorful patterns of drawings and photographs that really have a shown effect of hard work. They are master pieces that reflect the type of art he makes. Overall I enjoy his work and would like to see more of it.

Valentine’s Day Card

On Location Portraits

Artist Statement

Motion Blur

5 tips:

Cars are really good for creating motion blur

Going to fairs and photographing Ferris wheels are extremely fun and effective

Photographing star trails creates a fun and nice effect

People on bikes create cool effects

The ocean creates a beautiful scenery for motion blur

Body, Shape, Form

I really like this photograph that I made and I believe that it is really successful. I believe that the composition of the arms and the background really fit in well. I can tell others to shoot in low light and edit it later in photoshop. My work makes me feel really good knowing that I create work that is really well suited and describes the work I create.

Keith Haring Inspirational Work

This photograph by Keith Haring is my favorite photograph from him. I believe this work is just the simplicity of 2 friends that are having a great time hugging, most likely representing friendship. I feel this image is great because it shows that there are better parts to life, such as friends and having people there for you. I believe that he was trying to communicate the message of friendship and companionship. He was probably showing what he was feeling in the moment and how he felt.

Mixed Media Screen-print Art

Ted Talk Reflection

The Ted Talker that explains his story about his history with the camera and the photographers he has taken. He creates moments that captures and idea. He sees photographs and taking different pieces of reality and putting them together. You can create illusions like that and trick peoples brains.

He says that’s its all about combining different realities and photographs to make really interesting photographs and give them life. Erik Johansson says it all starts with an idea, a sketch, and that’s how you can create the best image. He states that the only thing that limits us is our imagination.

My opinion on this Ted Talk is that is was very well composed and really interesting to watch. I learned a lot about photography and the ideas that people can come up with. What I got out of this talk is the inspiration to shoot photographs and to always think about what I can do to make it better in the moment. The photograph will then have meaning and with be important to me and my audience.

Bookface

Light Painting Portraits

Create A Work In The Style Of Sandy Skoglund

Paragraph:

Sandy Skoglund really has an interesting style when it comes to photography.

She came with a really interesting and original subject that no one else has done.

It is really intriguing because there is a lot of effort put into the images, and lots of subjects.

The image below is my favorite from her because it is really vibrant and has a lot of meaning.

My opinion of her work is that it’s really great and I think she’s an amazing photographer.

Indeed Job Search

1. Photographer

Cherished Memories Photography, 1420 E Cooley Dr, Colton, CA 92324, Part Time

Qualifications:

• Experience working with children· Dependable, punctual, and flexible· Basic knowledge of photography equipment & lighting· Able to operate with a sense of urgency· Communicate well within a team environment· Comfortable working at different locations daily· Desire to learn and grow in the photography field· Have current Driver’s license, and proof of auto insuranceDriver’s License (Preferred)

I don’t meet the qualifications because I don’t have a drivers license, nor do I have much experience working with children. I will get my license next month.

What I would need to do to get this job is get a drivers license, as well as experience from other photography shoots.

2. Vehicle Photographer I

Cox Automotive, (part of Cox Enterprises) Fontana, CA 92335, Full-time

Qualifications:

• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
  • 1 year of experience in photography preferred; experience in digital and computer processing a plus.
  • Basic computer software skills are preferred.
  • Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
  • Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks, manual dexterity.
  • Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.

I do not meet the qualifications due to the experience, and the high school degree. I would need to graduate and join any internships for photography. Overall this looks really interesting and it looks like a good career path.

Screen Printing On T-Shirt

Create A Work In The Style Of Wassily Kandinsky

Cheerleader/Football Portraits

Multiple Exposure With Flash And Low Shutter Speed

Social and Political Issues in Art

Senior Portrait Session

Block Transfer

Double Color Exposures

Cut And Paste Collage

Man and Nature

Shallow Depth of Field

Mirror Imagery

Image Projection